Top Women Cricketers in Indian Squad
In recent years, women’s cricket has witnessed many legendary cricketers come and go with many leaving the biggest mark on the hearts of the fans. In India, cricket is over the faith and festival and women cricketers have seen a lot of struggle to get recognition in the cricket world.
However, with remarkable performances and talent on the field, women cricketers have established their identity in the cricket world. When it comes to cricket betting, the women cricket matches are way more interesting for the bettors. They get a myriad of options to bet on cricket events. To bet on the upcoming ICC women’s matches, you must know about the best female cricketers.
Let’s have a look at the greatest Indian women cricketers and how they paved the way for the country’s success during their time.
These women players have shown their skill and potential by achieving great results both domestically and internationally.
- Smriti Mandhana
Smriti Mandhana is the first name on the list. The first name on this list is Smriti Mandhana. Currently, she is the vice-captain of the Indian women’s cricket team and is one of the most destructive batters in the world. Mandhana debuted for India in 2013 when she was just 18 and since then she has gone on to score over 2000 runs in ODIs and 1000 runs in Test matches. In 2018, Mandhana was named the ICC Women’s Cricketer of the Year and the ICC Women’s ODI Player of the Year for her performances for India and her domestic team, the Trailblazers.
- Poonam Yadav
Poonam Yadav is a leg-spinner who debuted for India in 2013. Yadav has been a key member of the Indian team ever and has played a crucial role in helping the team to get victory in several tournaments. In 2019, Yadav was named as one of the five players of the tournament in the ICC Women’s T20 World Cup. Currently, Yadav is the leading wicket-taker in T20Is for India and would surely play a key role in the team’s success in the future.
- Jhulan Goswami
Jhulan Goswami is a fast-bowler who got her debut for India in 2002. Goswami is the leading wicket-taker in women’s international cricket and she has contributed to winning many tournaments for team India. In 2007, she got the title of ICC Women’s Cricketer of the Year for showing brilliant performances for India and her domestic team, the Bengal Tigers.
- Harmanpreet Kaur
Harmanpreet Kaur is the crown glory of team India as she is the current captain of the Indian women’s cricket team. She is also one of the most destructive batswomen in the world. She debuted for India back in 2009 and since then she has scored more than 2000 runs in ODIs and 3000 runs in T20Is women matches. Kaur was the first women cricketer from India to play in the Women’s Big Bash League when she signed with the Sydney Thunder in 2016. Currently, she is the leading run-scorer for India in T20Is and would make wonderful contributions to the team to succeed in the future.
Best Records Created by Indian Women Cricket Team in 2021
Indian Women cricketers are not behind anyone. If you don’t watch women cricket matches, here are some records that would leave you stunned:
- October 14- 27 November 2021-22 Women’s Big Bash League (WBBL)
- 8 Indian women were signed for WBBL – Harmanpreet Kaur, Smriti Mandhana, Jemimah Rodrigue, Shafali Verma, Deepti Sharma, Richa Ghosh, Poonam Yadav, and Radha Yadav.
- Harmanpreet Kaur became the first Indian and only the 3rd overseas player to win Player of the Tournament in WBBL 2021.
- Smriti Mandhana smashed the first WBBL century which was the first by an Indian women cricketer who recorded the equal highest individual score in the history of WBBL.
- October 9 – 2nd T20I, India vs Australia, Queensland
- Shikha Pandey gave a magical delivery that stunned everyone and it was given the title of ‘Ball of the Century by fans across the globe. She got appreciation from some big names in the sports industry as well.
- September 26 – 3rd ODI, India vs Australia, Mackay
- The women in blue put an end to Australia’s 26 ODI winning streak.
- July 21- August 21, The Hundred
- Shafali Verma, Smriti Mandhana, Jemimah Rodrigues, Harmanpreet Kaur, and Deepti Sharma became a part of the inaugural edition of the shortest competition of women cricket matches.
- Jemimah ended the innings as the second-highest run-scorer.
- July 9 – 1st T20I, India vs England, Northampton:
- Harleen Deol dazzled everyone with her sensational catch. When she knew she was losing balance, she threw the ball in the air, jumped up the boundary rope, came back, and dived forward to take one of the best catches of women’s cricket.
- June 16-19 – One-off test, India vs England, Bristol
- Indian women played a test series for the first time since 2014. They managed to play and end the women match that was almost like a victory to the host England after a follow-on was enabled on the visitors, in a draw.
- Shafali Verma who played her first test was adjudged as the player of the match when she scored 96 runs in the first innings and 63 in the second.
- Shafali paired with Smriti Mandhana who made 78 runs, recorded 167 runs stand for the 1st wicket in the initial innings while Shafali was joined by Deepti who scored 54 in the second innings and managed to take 3 wickets in England’s innings.
- When the match was going away from team India, Sneh Rana and Taniya Bhatia’s unbeaten 80 and 44 respectively helped the women match to end in a draw. Rana took 4 wickets with the ball as well.
CBTF Betting experts help you place winning bets while you keep a check on the latest cricket updates.