Match 16 of the 2022 Caribbean Premier League would take place on Tuesday evening at the Queen’s Park Oval in Port of Spain, Trinidad, between the Trinbago Knight Riders and the Barbados Royals. The Knight Riders are at the bottom of the table, while the Royals lead by four points. Continue reading for a preview of this game. The game begins at 19:00 local time.
Trinbago Knight Riders have been defeated in their last two matches by the Barbados Royals and the Jamaica Tallawahs. They have only won one game all tournament and are up against the strongest team in this match.
Barbados Royals won their last game by an eight-wicket margin despite having only one ball remaining. They are currently a winning machine and show no signs of slowing down.
TKR vs BR Match Toss Prediction
So far in the tournament, both teams have chosen to field first. With a new venue, we expect both captains to assess the pitch before batting second.
TKR vs BR Pitch Report
The surface isn’t as quick and bouncy as it once was in Trinidad, but we still expect pace bowlers to outperform spinners. A par score will be somewhere around 170.
This match in Port of Spain would see an overcast the entire time. As the game progresses, the humidity level and chance of rain rise.
Cricket Betting tips, team previews, the latest odds, and match predictions for Trinbago Knight Riders vs Barbados Royals, CPL 2022, can be found below.
Trinbago Knight Riders Team News & Playing 11
TKR Team News
The Knight Riders added pace bowlers Shaaron Lewis and Daryn Dupavilion to their squad ahead of their loss to the Jamaica Tallawahs. Both took wickets and will remain in their positions for this match, but the underperforming batting order may see some changes.
TKR Key Players
- Colin Munro – In Saturday’s game, the 35-year-old New Zealander hit one four and two sixes. In Trinidad, Colin Munro should benefit from the quick wicket.
- Sunil Narine – The 34-year-old bowling all-rounder has been opening the batting in the tournament but has had no success. His spin bowling has been excellent, with figures of 2-11 in the most recent game.
- Ravi Rampaul – Despite being expensive in Match 12, the experienced right-arm fast-medium bowler picked up three wickets, including both of Jamaica Tallawah’s openers.
TKR Team Form
The Knight Riders have lost their last three games and are looking to avoid a third consecutive defeat in this match.
Barbados Royals Team News & Playing 11
BR Team News
An additional spinner was selected for the Barbados Royals XI ahead of their win over the Jamaica Tallawahs. Joshua Bishop came in and took 1-25, but his position is not guaranteed for this match in Port of Spain, where pace bowlers are expected to have a better chance.
BR Key Players
- Kyle Mayers – The left-handed opening batter made only 12 pitches in his final two innings but struck out six and four. He had earlier taken Brandon King out with the ball in the first over.
- Quinton de Kock – The South African keeper-batter’s form has steadily improved in recent months. In the previous game, he made 64 not out of 53 balls.
- Obed McCoy – The left-arm pace bowler put up an impressive show against the Jamaica Tallawahs. He dismissed top scorer Rovman Powell, Fabian Allen, and Chris Green.
BR Team Form
The Royals have won five games in a row this season and have defeated every team in the CPL 2022.
TKR vs BR Top Team Batsmen
The batting picks for the Trinbago Knight Riders are Colin Munro, Tion Webster, and Sunil Narine. So far in the tournament, Webster has the highest score of 58.
The top batters for the Barbados Royals are Quinton de Kock, Kyle Mayers, and David Miller, in our opinion. Miller has only been out once this season and plays an aggressive role at the end of innings.
TKR vs BR Top Team Bowlers
Sunil Narine, Ravi Rampaul, and Daryn Dupavillon are expected to be the top bowlers for Trinbago Knight Riders. Narine has four wickets in the CPL 2022.
The best bowling options for the Barbados Royals are Jason Holder, Obed McCoy, and Oshane Thomas. When the teams met earlier this month, Thomas took 2-18, as per cricket betting tips free.
Trinbago Knight Riders vs Barbados Royals Prediction
Barbados Royals have been unstoppable so far in the 2022 CPL, and we expect that to continue in this match. Trinbago Knight Riders have been extremely disappointing, but their star players will be eager to compete against the table toppers. A close game is predicted with the Barbados Royals coming out on top. For more cricket betting predictions, follow CBTF Speed News!